Sankaracarya's Vivekachudamani 491

अकर्ताहमभोक्ताहमविकारोऽहमक्रियः ।
शुद्धबोधस्वरूपोऽहं केवलोऽहं सदाशिवः ॥

akartāhamabhoktāhamavikāro'hamakriyaḥ |
śuddhabodhasvarūpo'haṃ kevalo'haṃ sadāśivaḥ ||
(Sankaracarya's Vivekachudamani 491)

I am not the doer, I am not the enjoyer, I am without modification and without activity; I am the embodiment of pure Consciousness, I am Absolute and ever-auspicious.

In the previous sloka, Acarya Adi Sankara explained who is the soul. He continues in this sloka that he is not the doer or creator, He is not the enjoyer of all living beings. It's stated in the Vedas that the Lord is the Enjoyer and we are being enjoyed by him. In Sri Vaishnava sampradaya they address the Lord as Purusha and the rest of his creation are Sthri. The line in this sloka explains that Jagatguru Sankaracarya's soul is pure consciousness, absolute and ever auspicious.

Comments

Popular Posts