Tirupathi Sri Venketeswara Story and Mahatyam Part 36

Akasa Raju attains Moksha

One day a messenger arrived Agasthya ashram from Narayanapuram. He met Srinivasa and Padmavathi with tears filled in his eyes said, "O Lord, our king Akasa Raju has suddenly fallen ill and is very serious. Please do come quickly."

On hearing him Padmavathi and Srinivasa started urgently for Narayanapuram. With them also went Vakuladevi and Agastya. When they arrived there Akasa Raju was lying on his bed unconscious.

Srinivasa filled in sorrow enquired Akasa Raju. Padmavathi embraced her mother and wept. Akasa Raju just opened his eyes a little and saw his daughter and son-in-law before him. Picking up strength he cried out "Govinda, Vasudeva, Jagannatha, Padmanabha and said, "In my last seconds, I am able to see you. I consider my life a success. I do not have any desires. I am wanting in nothing. My son Vasudanan and my brother Thondaman are very innocent. So i request you to guide them."

Turning towards his daughter he said. "Dear daughter you are Lokamatha herself. Our fame has risen up by your birth. Our bondage is coming to an end. We are parting." so saying he breathed his last.

All those present burst into tears. Cremation was arranged for Akasa Raju and Dharani Devi threw herself into that fire (Saha gamanam) and died.

After the ritual ceremonies Srinivasa, Padmavathi, Vakula devi and Agasthya left Narayanapuram and arrived Agasthya ashram and lived happily.

Comments

Popular Posts