Tirupathi Sri Venketeswara Story and Mahatyam Part 42

Lakshmi and Padmavathi adorn Srinivasa's chest

Srinivasa said to Lakshmi, "I have borrowed a lot of money from Kubera for the marriage and thus become a debtor. I have agreed to pay him interest in this Kaliyuga and I am thinking as to how I could pay him the interest. I would suggest that you give my bhaktas/devotees good wealth. They will then be tempted to commit more sins and pray me for relief. I will appear in their dreams and advice them to fill my coffers in the form of offerings and get their vows fulfilled. They will do like wise and I will then easily pay Kubera the interest due to him. This will continue till Kaliyuga ends. When Kaliyuga ends, we will pay him the principal and return to Vaikunta.

My chest which become impure when Brighu kicked me has since been purified. You may therefore occupy your original place in my chest.

Lakshmi was pleased with his words and readily occupied his chest on the right side while Padmavathi occupied the left side.

Srinivasa said that while Lakshmi's swarupa(real form) will remain in his right chest, her Amsa will dwell in Padma sarovar and bless the devotees; and after midnight each day he will go to her mandir and return to Ananda Nilayam before day break.

Lakshmi in obedience to her husband's wishes dwells in Padma Sarovar constructed by Visvakarma at Alamelumangapuram in the form of a deity.

Picture: Padmavathi Thayar in Alamelumangapuram

Comments

Popular Posts