Tirupathi Sri Venketeswara Story and Mahatyam Part 41

Srinivasa's advice to Lakshmi and Padmavathi

Srinivasa, who is now in the form of a deity(vigraha) spoke thus: Dear Lakshmi, Padmavathi belong to the same amsa as you belong. In trethayuga I was born as Rama, During that period Ravana tried to carry away my wife, Sita. Vedavathi substituted her and she underwent untold sufferings at the hands of Ravana. I gave her my word during that time that I would marry her in Kaliyuga, since I was observing ekapatnivrtha then, That Vedavathi is now Padmavathi. No body is to be blamed for this.

Lakshmi on hearing this embraced Padmavathi and requested her to forgive her hasty action. Padmavathi in return requested Lakshmi to excuse her too.

(Pic: Left: Mother Padmavathi. Right: Kolhapur Maha Lakshmi)

Comments

Popular Posts