Tirupathi Sri Venketeswara Story and Mahatyam Part 22

Srinivasa explains his experience in the garden to Vakuladevi

After reaching his cottage, Srinivasa lay down on his bed and was groaning. Vakuladevi brought him some fruits to eat. He did not touch them. When Vakuladevi went near him, she found wounds all over his body. She asked what that was due to and who did it. She was anxious to know it. She begged him to narrate what all had happened.

Srinivasa said, "Mother, I was chasing a furious elephant. It ran some distance and after saluting me it disappeared. I felt thirsty. I found a garden near by and entered it to quench my thirst. When I was resting there I heard a melodious music. Soon I saw there a beautiful girl. She was Padmavathi, the daughter of Akasa Raju. Her beauty attracted me. I fell in love with her. I expressed my desire to her and these wounds are the result."

Vakuladevi said, "My child, what a grave mistake you have committed. Can you imagine to marry a princess? Will any king agree to give his daughter in marriage to a pauper? Please take my words and forget her."

Srinivasa said, "In Tretha yuga I was born as Rama. To keep up my father's word I spent fourteen years in the forest. During that period Ravana tried to carry away my wife Sita. Agni came toknow of Ravana's plan and he substituted Vedavati for Sita and thus saved her. After Ravana was killed by me, Sita threw herself in fire. From the fire, Agni, Vedavati and Sita apperaed. Agni requested me to marry Vedavati. Sita also agreed to that proposal. But since I was observing 'Ekapatni Vrata' then, I promised Vedavati that in Kaliyuga I would born as Srinivasa and she as Patmavathi and at that time I would marry her.

Akasa Raju's daughter Padmavati is the same Vedavati. PLease tell me mother, should i not keep up that promise?

Comments

Popular Posts