Tirupathi Sri Venketeswara Story and Mahatyam Part 14

Birth of Vakula Devi

In Dwapara yuga, people in Dwaraka came to know that Krishna avatar was coming to an end. They were therefore immersed in sorrow. Yasoda devi, the foster mother of Sri Krishna on hearing this news came to Krishna and said, "Dear child, I have heard that your avatar is coming to an end I was fortunate in that I tended you from childhood and enjoyed your love and affection. But I was not fortunate to witness your marriage. So please create me such an opportunity."

Sri Krishna consoled her and said, "Mother, don't worry. In kaliyuga I will be born as Venkateswara then I will get marriage celebrated by you. You will then be born as Vakuladevi and will be a devotee of Sri Varahaswamy. I will meet you there and live with you."

At these words of Sri Krishna, Yasoda was over joyed. In her next birth, Yasoda was born as Vakula devi and became a devotee of Sri Varahaswamy.

Comments

Popular Posts