Bhagavad gita. 3.27

ahankara-vimudhatma kartaham iti manyate [Bhagavad gita. 3.27]

In the material world, especially at this age, everyone is thinking, "I am the greatest. Who can become more than me?" Ahankara-vimudhatma. This material world is like that. Everyone is thinking like that. Asuric pravrtti. Kah adhyo 'sti mama samah: "Who is greater than me?" There is a struggle for this vimudhatma competition.

But at the end he is under the control of nature -- everyone knows it -- because ultimately death will come and all ahankaras will be taken away. "I don't care for God. I am independent. I am God" -- all these ahankara, false egotism, on account of bewildered, being bewildered, these things will be finished when Krsna will come as death. Everything will be finished. Mrtyuh sarva-haras caham [Bg. 10.34]. Krsna has described Himself that "I am death. I am death, and I take away all your possession, that's all, as death." It will be taken away. However intelligent we may be, however proud we may be for our possession, but death is sure. "As sure as death." And when death comes -- the death is also another form of Krsna -- then He will take everything.

The ignorant man forgets that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is known as Hrsikesa, or the master of the senses of the material body, for due to his long misuse of the senses in sense gratification, he is factually bewildered by the false ego, which makes him forget his eternal relationship with Krsna.

(Lecture by Prabhupada Swami 76/01/01 Madras)

Comments

Popular Posts