Sivapuranam by Manickavasagar a great Shiva devotee from Tamil Nadu.

He is just saying enough of birth. Finally need the mercy of the lord. Vedas says the same to get this human body we have to go through many births. It is rare to take birth as a human yet we are wasting our time. We never focus our life in the Lord, we are wasting our life on hurting others, having sex, intoxication, gambling, and eating other animals as our food. Here the whole concept of devotion is different.

pullAgip pUDAyp puzuvAy maramAgip
pal virugamAgip paRavaiyAyp pAmbAgik
kallAy manidharAyp pEyAyk kaNaN^gaLAy
val achurar Agi munivarAyth thEvarAych
chellAa n^inRa ith thAvara chaN^gamaththuL
ellAp piRappum piRan^dhu iLaiththEn, emberumAn

I was born as grass, shrub, worm, tree,
Full many a kind of beast, bird, snake,
Stone, man, and demon. 'Midst Thy hosts I served.
The form of mighty Asuras, ascetics, gods I bore.
Within these immobile and mobile forms of life, (30)
In every species born, weary I've grown, great Lord!
Finally, I just need you causeless mercy, my Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts