Chanting the holy name

dhairya dharite nari, hailama unmatta
hasi, kandi, naci, gai, yaiche madamatta

"While chanting the holy name of the Lord in pure ecstasy, I lose myself, and thus I laugh, cry, dance and sing just like a madman. "Collecting My patience, therefore, I began to consider that chanting the holy name of Krishna had covered all My spiritual knowledge.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu prays in His Sikshashtaka:

yugayitam nimeshena cakshusha pravrishayitam
sunyayitam jagat sarvam govinda-virahena me

"O, Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence." It is the aspiration of a devotee that while he chants the Hare Krishna maha-mantra his eyes will fill with tears, his voice falters, and his heartthrob. These are good signs of chanting the holy name of the Lord. In ecstasy, one should feel the entire world be vacant without the presence of Govinda. This is a sign of separation from Govinda. In material life, we are all separated from Govinda and are absorbed in material sense gratification. Therefore, when one comes to his senses on the spiritual platform he becomes so eager to meet Govinda that without Govinda the entire world becomes a vacant place.

Comments

Popular Posts