Rama lila: Rama showed gratitude even to the horses

When Rama was ordered to leave the kingdom by Kaikeyi, Sumantra took them in the chariot riding the horses. He left in the banks of the Ganges River. Guha was there in that place. Guha brought sumptuous food, comfortable beds, and articles of worship to give Lord Rama a royal reception. Lord Rama was pleased to see this and embraced Guha saying, “At heart, I accept all that you have offered Me. However, since I have taken a vow to wear only kusha grass, tree bark, and deerskin and eat only fruits and roots, I cannot utilize these gifts. Therefore please take away what you have brought, except for the food, which I can use to feed My horses, for they are the favorite steads of Maharaja Dasharata”. Moral of the story: Rama showed gratitude even to the horses.

Comments

Popular Posts