Animal Killing

By A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

I am a human being. You accept that I have got soul. By what symptoms do you accept that I have got soul? First of all, you have to ascertain that. What is the symptom that we agree that I am a human being? I have got, I am a soul. By what characteristic, analytical study, you accept that I have got a soul, and the dog has not got a soul? What are the different characteristics? First of all, we have to enumerate that thing. If we find in the characteristics, then we can say there is no soul. But if we see that both the animal and the human being have the same characteristics of living conditions, then how you can say the animal has not a soul?

What is that higher platform? Eating, you require to maintain the body. I eat something, you eat another. That does not mean higher or lower. You eat, I also eat. That's all. You eat according to your taste. I eat according to my taste. So eating is the real symptom, not the variety of eating. By varieties of eating, suppose I... An animal, the cow is eating grass, and you are eating the same animal by keeping a huge slaughterhouse with machines and... Does it mean that you have improved your eating process? Simply by having big, big machines and ghastly scenes. And the animal eats simple grass. Does it mean that you are more advanced than the animals? There is no logic. Eating is eating. One man's food, another man's poison. That is another thing. But eating is there. Somebody eats poison. Somebody eats an ordinary thing. But eating is there. So nobody can avoid eating. That is the main symptom. Even in human society, there are different varieties of food. We Indians, we like different types of dishes. European, Americans, they like a di... But eating is there. Either American, Indian or cats, dogs, or eating must be there. That is a real symptom. After eating, you must sleep. That is essential. So where is the difference of real character, and characteristics between animals and human beings?

Comments

Popular Posts