Sri Caitanya Caritamrta------2:25:264

pṛthivīte āche yata nagarādi grāma
sarvatra pracāra haibe mora nāma

"In every town and village, the glories and chanting of Krishna's name will be heard." (Sri Caitanya Caritamrta------2:25:264)

To make the verse successful Lord Sri Krishna selected His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura(guru of Prabhupada), who is very dear to Lord Krishna instructed Prabhupada to spread Krishna's glories throughout all the countries of the Western world. In all the cities, towns, and villages on the earth.

In the age of 65 Srila Prabhupada with 40 USD in his hand and was experiencing great inconvenience; he had been aboard in a cargo ship for a month and had suffered 2 heart attacks and repeated seasickness. Moreover, even if he were to recover from these difficulties, his arrival in America would undoubtedly bring many more difficulties.

Srila Prabhupada wrote this message upon his arrival in USA:-

My dear Lord Krishna, You are so kind upon this useless soul, but I do not know why You have brought me here. Now You can do whatever You like with me.

But I guess You have some business here, otherwise, why would You bring me to this terrible place?
Most of the population here is covered by the material modes of ignorance and passion. Absorbed in material life they think themselves very happy and satisfied, and therefore they have no taste for the transcendental message of Vasudeva [Krishna]. I do not know how they will be able to understand it.
But I know that Your causeless mercy can make everything possible because You are the most expert mystic.

How will they understand the mellows of devotional service? O Lord, I am simply praying for Your mercy so that I will be able to convince them about Your message.

All living entities have come under the control of the illusory energy by Your will, and therefore, if You like, by Your will they can also be released from the clutches of illusion.

I wish that You may deliver them. Therefore if You so desire their deliverance, then only will they be able to understand Your message.

O Lord, I am just like a puppet in Your hands. So if You have brought me here to dance, then make me dance, make me dance, O Lord, make me dance as You like.

After 2 years he succeeded with a lot of Americans and Europeans followed the teaching of Lord Krishna and Sanatana Dharma. Lord Krishna has used Srila Prabhupada for his mission in this world.

Comments

Popular Posts